marks and spencer harwrd case soln (scmhrd,sidd)
of 14 /14
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Group 11 Pratik Sadhu(2013B32) Mohit Singhal(2013B28) Shekhar Dahiya(2013B49) Siddharth Bhardawaj(2013B69) Abhishek Sareen(2013B02) Adrian Goveia(2013B29) Prahalad Ekambaram(2013B38)
- 2. CLOTHING FOOD M&S FINANCIAL SERVICE HOME
- 3. Leadership Crisis Asian Financial Crisis Non-improving financials Senior Directors replaced by promoted managers Leadership plan disrupted by the Queens Honours List Retail sales dropped and new competition in womens clothing Competitors goods were cheaper and of better quality No improvement in clothing revenues Series of layoffs Food stores not favourably located Sourcing Competitors using cheaper raw materials, sourced offshore
- 4. Political UK has stable political scenario with no serious threat. The tax system in the United Kingdom is among the most attractive in the developed world with low corporate and personal taxes. UK regulation of property constrained development of further out-of-town. ECONOMIC High Interest Rate Appreciation of Pound against European currencies
- 5. Socio-cultural The common UK consumer tends to be loyal to a particular brand. Demand high quality at competitive pricing. Technological M & S Charge card. Impact of IT.
- 6. STRENGTH Diversified business portfolio High Trust with Customers, Supplier, employees by offering great values. Strong Logistics & Dependable suppliers. Strong brand equity Direct Inspection & feed back by top managers.
- 7. Sourced goods from onshore which led to higher cost. Management was not stable. Brand was not popular in North America. Slower time to market.
- 8. Growing European & Asian Business. Introduction of charge cards can provide the insights on buying pattern of customers.
- 9. Unstable Asian Market. Rise of Pound against European currencies. Increase sale of Consumer electronics which became a direct competitor. Competitors offering high quality, greater variety at cheaper rates. Unwise Acquisition decision.
- 10. Leadership Turnaround Leadership team was reconstituted Couple of striking and unique appointments UK Retail team was being built Three point program Total focus on UK Retail Recovery plan for clothing Expansion in growing areas like food, home & Beauty Acceleration of store renewal program More intensive use of space 100% own-brand policy To design and supply a collection for more fashion-conscious women Restructuring the supply base Sub-branding in clothing to reflect more segmented lifestyle of its customers Program of value realization Return of 2 billion pounds to shareholders
- 11. Strategy - Focus on UK Retail and Financial Services - Realize value Vision, Mission, Values - Quality, Value, Service, Innovation and Trust - Capital Restructuring - Long term future Growth Platform for exploitation of unique strengths CUBE 1 Unique Strengths Ways of Working - 100% own brand - Customer centric - Command of Supply Chain - Team work - Economies of Scale - Good incentivizing strategy -Focus on Superior Quality & Innovation -Individual Ownership
- 12. Taken for changes in design & sourcing, better product, lower cost and faster TTM Zip (For childrens line) Eliminating duplication of cost Achieving faster TTM Simply Food Convenience format located in high customer flow areas Stores targeted at two segments Good variety of products Home Sourcing directly Establishing consistency and coherence across the range Financial Services Improving the card used by 3 mn people for greater services Re-establishing a tight relationship with customers
- 13. CUBE 2 Strategies - Regain dominance in clothing & specialty food - Build unique customer relationships -To meet changing customer needs by shaping store location & product offer Ways of Working - Think Customer - Be passionate about product - Be one team - Be honest, confid ent, listen and learn A Great Place to Work Customers Unique Strengths - Aspirational Quality - At accessible prices - Unrivaled choice Values - Quality -Value - Service - Home store to - Innovation dream of - Trust - Simple and rewarding financial solutions - 100% own brand - Command of Supply Chain - Scale & Authority - Focus on Superior quality & innovation - Assisted Self selection - Clear how we each make a difference - Build our strengths & develop our skills - Work-Life balance - Recognize & Respect a job well done - Be rewarded for superior results
- 14. Questions?