Post on 16-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
Pav Bhaji ByMasterchef Sanjeev Kapoorhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/
Description Ingredients Method Book Similar recipes with links
A famous street food of Mumbai. Assorted vegetables cooked with masalas and served with pav.
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes Category: Veghttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/
Potatoes 4 mediumTomatoes 4 mediumCauliflower smallOnions 2 mediumGinger 1 inch pieceGarlic 8-10 clovesGreen capsicum 1 medium Green chillies 3-4Fresh coriander leaves cupGreen peas, shelled cupLemons 2Oil 3 tbspsSalt to tastePav bhaji masala 1 tbspsButter 3 tbspsPav 8http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/
1. Boil, cool, peel and grate potatoes. Wash and finely chop tomatoes. Wash and grate cauliflower. Peel, wash and finely chop onion.
2. Peel and wash ginger, garlic and grind to a fine paste. Wash, halve, remove seeds and finely chop capsicum. Wash, remove stems and finely chop green chillies. Clean, wash and finely chop fresh coriander leaves.
3. Wash and boil the green peas in salted water till soft, drain and mash lightly and keep aside. Cut lemon into wedges. Heat oil in a pan and add three fourth quantity of chopped onions. Saut till light brown. Add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Stir-fry for half a minute.
4. Add half the quantity of chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala. Add chopped capsicum, boiled and lightly mashed peas, grated cauliflower, grated boiled potatoes and one and half cups of water.http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/
5. Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with the back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed. Add pav bhajee masala, salt and the rest of the chopped tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for two minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Heat half of the butter in a thick-bottomed pan or a tawa. Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter for half a minute, pressing two or three times or till pav is crisp and light brown. Garnish the bhajee with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/
Sunday Specials Khazana of Indian Recipes Street Food Khana Khazana Healthy Tasty Recipes
Vegetable and Feta Tart Spicy Sprouts Sandwich Palak Pakora Chaat in Chinese Style Rajma Pav Bhaji Dabeli
Follow us onhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Vegetable-and-Feta-Tart.htmlhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Spicy-Sprouts-Sandwich.htmlhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Palak-Pakora-Chaat-in-Chinese-Style.htmlhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Rajma-Pav-Bhaji-Turban-Tadka-FoodFood.htmlhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Dabeli-Sanjeev-Kapoor-Kitchen-FoodFood.htmlhttp://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/https://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/SanjeevKapoorhttps://plus.google.com/+SanjeevKapoor/postshttp://www.pinterest.com/sanjeevkapoor/