sajjangad

of 58 /58
Elevation 742 m (2,434 ft) सजनगड Location Satara Sajjangad – Fort of good people

Upload: rajeev-kulkarni

Post on 01-Sep-2014

7.164 views

Category:

Travel


11 download

Tags:

DESCRIPTION

 

TRANSCRIPT

Page 1: Sajjangad

Elevation 742 m (2,434 ft)सज्जनगडLocation SataraSajjangad – Fort of good people

116064
Stamp
Page 2: Sajjangad

SajjangadSajjangad was created by king Bhoj from Shilahar dine sty in 11th century. TheSajjangad was created by king Bhoj from Shilahar dine sty in 11th century. The village at the base of the fort is as Parali so the fort was also called as, the fort of Parali. The mention of this fort is found in the region of the 4th Bahamaniking Mahommad Shah (1358 to 1375). Later, it went in the hands of Adilshahwho grabbed a portion of Bahamani state The mention of Phajal khan is foundwho grabbed a portion of Bahamani state. The mention of Phajal khan is found in 1632 as the in charge of the fort. On 2nd April 1673, this fort was conquered 

by Shivaji Maharaj from Adilshah. 

Saint Samarth Ramdas permanently resided on this fort as per the request of Shivaji Maharaj. And the fort was named as Sajjangad. Then, after coronation, 

Shivaji Maharaj came for séance of Samarth on 3‐11‐1678, Shivaji sent Sambhaji to Sajjangad. However, Sambhaji ran away from Sajjangad on 3rdSambhaji to Sajjangad. However, Sambhaji ran away from Sajjangad on 3rd December 1678 and joined Dilerkhan. After unfortunate death of Shivaji Maharaj on 18 January 1682, the idol of Shriram was on the fort. Ramdas

Swami took ‘samadhi’ on 22‐1‐1682 here. Though Samarth transferred all the rights regarding the fort to Divakar Gosavi the administration was allotted torights regarding the fort to Divakar Gosavi, the administration was allotted to 

Bhanji and Ramji Gosavi. However conflicts arose between them. When Sambhaji heard about it, he wrote to Jijoji Katkar, the Killedar of Sajjangad. The letter intended to settle the dispute and to follow the orders of the respected elder people. Later on 21 April 1700, the fort was captured by Moghals and named by then as ‘Nauras‐Satara’. In 1709 Marathas captured the fort. 

However in 1818 the fort fell in the hands of British.

Page 3: Sajjangad

Urmodi DamBase village Parli

Gajwadi

Sajjangad

Page 4: Sajjangad
Page 5: Sajjangad
Page 6: Sajjangad

Aji k t d t S t t S jj dAjinkyatara gad at Satara on way to Sajjangad

Page 7: Sajjangad

Sajjangad is situated 9 km away from Satara city

Page 8: Sajjangad
Page 9: Sajjangad
Page 10: Sajjangad

Dhwajacha Buruj

Parking area

Page 11: Sajjangad

There are 750 steps to enter into the Fort.

Page 12: Sajjangad
Page 13: Sajjangad
Page 14: Sajjangad
Page 15: Sajjangad

Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Mahadwar

Page 16: Sajjangad

Shri Samarth  Mahadwar

Page 17: Sajjangad
Page 18: Sajjangad
Page 19: Sajjangad

Pethetil Maruti Mandir

Sonale TaleSonale Tale

Page 20: Sajjangad

Store Room

Sonale Tale opposite Dharmshala

Page 21: Sajjangad

S l lSonale Tale

Page 22: Sajjangad

Khambale Tale(located north of Shri Ram Temple)(located north of Shri Ram Temple)

Page 23: Sajjangad

Urmodi Dam

Khambale Tale

Page 24: Sajjangad

Urmodi Dam as viewed from Dhrmshala top floor

Page 25: Sajjangad

Ramdas Swami, the spiritual guru of Shivaji Maharaj lived his entire life on this plateau fort. The maintenance of the fort and shrine of Sant Ramdas is taken care of by Shri Ramdas Swami Sansthan, a trust which has existed since the time of Shri Ramdas Swami. The daily routine on the fort includes 

morning prayers Abhishek and Puja Maha Naivedya Bhajans and reading of the manuscript Dasbodhmorning prayers, Abhishek and Puja, Maha Naivedya, Bhajans and reading of the manuscript Dasbodhwritten by Sant Ramdas. The main doors of the fort are closed on sunset to sunrise and hence you 

cannot enter the fort or even exit from the fort during this time. Shelter and food is provided free of cost to visitors.

Page 26: Sajjangad
Page 27: Sajjangad
Page 28: Sajjangad

Angai Devi MandirPartly ruined Mosque

Ghodale Tale ( f h )(meant for horses)

Page 29: Sajjangad

Anglai Devi Mandir

Page 30: Sajjangad

Anglai Devi

Page 31: Sajjangad

Wall of the fort

AKASH

Page 32: Sajjangad

Dhwajacha Buruj

Page 33: Sajjangad

The Tri colo rThe Tri‐colour

AKASH

Page 34: Sajjangad

Parking Space

Page 35: Sajjangad

Parking Space

Page 36: Sajjangad

Parali VillageThe Dam

Page 37: Sajjangad

It is said that Shivaji and Shri Samarth would meet and discuss important issues  in the Hanuman Temple (see below), away from the main fort

Page 38: Sajjangad

Dhabyacha Maruti

Page 39: Sajjangad

Inside DhabyachaMaruti Mandir

Page 40: Sajjangad

Dhabyacha Maruti

Page 41: Sajjangad

Shri Ram and Ganesh Temple

Dhabyacha MarutiDhabyacha Maruti

Page 42: Sajjangad

View from Dhabyacha Maruti end of the fort

Page 43: Sajjangad

View from Dhabyacha Maruti end of the fort

Page 44: Sajjangad

View from Dhabyacha Maruti end of the fort

Page 45: Sajjangad

View of the main fort from Dhabyacha Maruti end

Page 46: Sajjangad
Page 47: Sajjangad

RAJEEV

Page 48: Sajjangad

Urmodi Dam

Page 49: Sajjangad

About a few yards outside Parali village are two old Hemadpanti Temples facing east. The southern temple was desecrated by either the Bijapur Musalmans or the Moghals. p y j p g

The northern temple was a feeble copy of the old raised after their departure.There was a pond closeby about forty yards square and ten feet deep before the Urmodi Dam 

was built.

Page 50: Sajjangad

Shi T lShiv Temple (southern temple)

Page 51: Sajjangad

AKASH

Page 52: Sajjangad

AKASHAKASH

Page 53: Sajjangad
Page 54: Sajjangad
Page 55: Sajjangad

The hall or mandap is about twenty‐four feet square with four rows of four pillars each, seven feet apart, supporting with brackets a flat roof ten feet high. The central one over the round slab in which the Nandi is 

placed has a canopied top. 

Page 56: Sajjangad
Page 57: Sajjangad

Righ Hand Side view of the Temple

AKASH

Page 58: Sajjangad