srk as an entrepreneur
Embed Size (px)
خان ُر�خ شاہ
शा�हरुख़ ख़�नAn entrepreneur
SUBMITTED BY: SANIA SHAIKHTY.BBA(SEM-5) 33
MR. PIYUSH PATEL
Content of the presentation
• INTRODUCTION• ENTREPRENUER AS
A LEARNER• JOURNEY OF AN
ENTERPRENUER• ACHIVEMENTS• QUALITIES OF AN
SCENARIO OF THE FIRM
Who is an entrepreneur ?
• An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and is accountable for the inherent risks and the outcome of a product.
Shahrukh Khan (born 2 November 1965), is an Indian film actor and a prominent Bollywood figure, as well as a film producer and television host. Khan began his career appearing in several television serials in the late 1980s. He made his film debut in Deewana (1992).
• Shahrukh khan married Gauri chibber on 25 October,1991.
As a family member• Khan was born to Muslim parents
of Pathan descent in New Delhi, India. His father, Taj Mohammed Khan, was an Indian independence activist from Peshawar, British India. According to Khan, his paternal grandfather was originally from Afghanistan.
• His mother, Lateef Fatima, was the adopted daughter of Major General Shah Nawaz Khan of the Janjua Rajput clan, who served as a General in the Indian
• National Army of Subash Chandra Bose. Khan's father came to New Delhi from Qissa Khawani Bazaar in Peshawar before the partition of India, while his mother's family came from Rawalpindi, British India. Khan has an elder sister named Shehnaz.
• His father ran a transport company and his mother was a magistrate.
SRK’s spouse- Gauri khan
SRK’s youngster– Aryan khan
SRK’s daughter – Suhana khan
Motivating factor of the business
• For the last four to five years, I was thinking of doing something for cricket. I wanted to do something which appeals to the youth as they inspire me. NGOs wanted me to do lot of social work. But I think sports is one stream which is socially very relevant. Cricket is the most popular sport in India," King Khan said in an interview.
• Besides, I always wanted to wear the golden helmet, which to me is a metaphor for being victorious.
• Cricket was a passion. SRK vividly recalled the first time he had gone to the Feroze Shah Kotla to see the star Indian players in action
Entrepreneur as a learner
Entrepreneur as a learner cont. . .• Shahrukh khan had done schooling
from St Columba’s School where he accomplished in academics, sports and drama.
• He won the Sword of Honour, an annual award given to the student who best represents the spirit of the school. Khan later attended the Hansraj College (1985–1988) and earned his Bachelors degree in Economics (honors). Though he pursued a Masters Degree in Mass Communications at Jamia Millia Islamia.
• Shahrukh khan learnt some qualities from his father as his sense of humor, another quality he had imbibed from his father is his passion for reading.
• His dad taught him that in the long run, honesty always pays.
• Shahrukh khan role model is his father who taught work and dedication that if you want something in life you have to work for it and no one gives it to you on a plate .So hard work and focus breeds success at all levels. His mother taught him to love life to the maximum and be truthful and upfront and that has taught him so much and has been savior all through his times .
Journey as an entrepreneur
WHY?“The logic of Dreamz Unlimited in1999 is not to
make money but to make different films and to make sure not to lose money. We should not have to sell our houses to run the company. So when I decided to join hands with Aziz and Juhi for Dreamz Unlimited I was very clear that the company should be self-reliant. I was not aiming to be the biggest film producer in the world but I wanted that we should be able to make our kind of films without being dependant on producers who were not like-minded”. Words by Shahrukh khan
• Under the banner of the dreamz unlimited khan produces the 3 films which are Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani ,Asoka, Chalte Chalte
HOW?After the failure of the Dreamz Unlimited
shahrukh khan had started another production house with his wife Gauri Khan. In 2004, choreographer Farah Khan who was also a good friend of Shahrukh decided to direct a film with him. Shahrukh then conceived and created Red Chilies Entertainment with his wife Gauri Khan, who became producer of the first production Main Hoon Na. The company also has a visual effects studio known as Red Chilies VFX.
WHEN & WHICH ?
DREAMZ UNLIMITED 1999RED CHILLIES
ENTAIRTAINMENT 2002KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS 2008
ACHIVEMENTS……..IN PROFESSIONAL LIFE
• Khan has been awarded several honors which includes the Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India in 2005.
• In April 2007, a life-size wax statue of Khan was installed at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, London.
• Another statue was installed at the Musée Grévin in Paris, the same year.
ACHIVEMENTS……..IN PROFESSIONAL LIFE cont. . .
• During the same year, he was accorded the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Literature) award by the French government for his “exceptional career”.
• There are also statues in Hong Kong and New York
• He was also honoured with an honorary doctorate in arts and culture from Britain's University of Bedfordshire IN 2009
Shahrukh khan various achivements
Business profile• Type : private • Industry : motion
picture • Founded : 2002• Headquarters :
• Key people:Shahrukh khan
(founder)Gauri khan (co-
founder)ketan yadav (ceo)Arjun mitra (creative
director)• Product:Film productionFilm distributionVisual effectsSpecial effects• Website :
Business Introduction• Red Chilies Entertainment is an Indian motion
picture ,production and distribution company, based in Mumbai. The company was founded in 2002 by Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan. Apart from production, the company also has a visual effects studio known as Red Chilies VFX.
• In 2008, Red Chilies introduced and bought Kolkata Knight Riders Cricket franchise in BCCI new venture Indian Premier League. Red Chilies Entertainment was quick to seize the opportunity and brought Kolkata Knight Riders for a sum of Rs 295 crores. They have also ventured into television content production and their show 'The first ladies' was aired on NDTV Good times
Introduction cont…• Red Chillies Entertainment is one of the
companies that encompasses virtually all the entertainment sector in India.
• The revenue posted by Red Chillies Entertainment in the financial year 2008-2009 was `73 crores.
• Red Chillies Films- This division is responsible for the production of the film. Main Hoon Na, Om Shanti Om were produced under the Red Chillies banner.
Detail Regarding the company• Red Chillies Idiot Box- This division
produces and co produces television serials. Seeing the explosive growth of the TV industry this may be the division minting money for the company in the future.
• Red Chillies VFX-It deals with Post Production and special effects segment.
• Red Chillies TVC-This division is responsible for making ads and the client list includes Hero Honda, Pepsi, ICICI, Hyundai etc.
Qualities of the entrepreneur
• Openness to change If something is not working for them they
simply change. Entrepreneurs know the importance of keeping on top of their industry and the only way to being number one is to evolve and change with the times. They're up to date with the latest technology or service techniques and are always ready to change if they see a new opportunity arise.For e.g. Dreamz unlimited to Red chilies entertainment
All entrepreneurs have a passionate desire to do things better and to improve their products or service. They are constantly looking for ways to improve. They're creative, innovative and resourceful.For e.g. Kolkata knight riders
• Search For new idea and ventures
Qualities continue…..• Accepting criticism and rejection
The best entrepreneurs know that rejection and obstacles are a part of any leading business and they deal with them appropriately.
For e.g. failure of the Dreamz Unlimited and poor performance of the Kolkata knight riders
Current scenario of the firm
• The 2010 season wasn't very benefitial as well. Though the team's performance improved, but not as much as the team's supporters would have wanted it to. After starting off with a bang, their performance deteriorated heavily and the team eventually ended up in the 6th position in the competition out of 8 teams.
• The team has consistently remained in the bottom four teams throughout all three seasons of the IPL.
• As per the production shahrukh khan released My Name Is Khan which had a gross revenue of `172 crore.
The production company are to launch an Indian version of America's Next Top Model, which will be called India's Next Top Model. so far the rumours are that Supermodel turned Actress Bipasha Basu is to be the host.
Social responsibility• Red Chillies in association with TERI (The
Energy and Resource Institute) recently sponsored the launch of the ‘Lighting a Billion Lives’ campaign in five remote villages namely Jadapal, Tarajodi and Ahirajpur villages in Orissa and Panchpadi and Bhanwata villages in Rajasthan.
• The majority portions of these villages were un-electrified and used kerosene as their source of energy. As a part of the campaign solar lanterns are begin introduced in these villages. The implementation of this project will be done by the end of April.
Lighting A Billion Lives With Red Chillies
• Once the implementation process is completed, updates will follow in a month's time. The implementation of the campaign was also helped by NGOs such as Society for People’s Awareness and Rural Development Action (SPARDA) and Forum for Integrated Development and Research (FIDR) in Orissa and Humana People to People India in Rajasthan.
• Red Chillies is proud to bring smiles and touch lives through this initiative.
• Everyone who has been working with Shah Rukh Khan’s company Red Chillies Entertainment right from the top-level managers to the watchmen have been treated with utmost love and respect. Shah Rukh might be taking additional revenues from banners for his star power but he distributes the share from profits to his company members as well.
• Shahrukh khan born in a middle class family but established himself as a Indian film actor and a prominent Bollywood figure, as well as a film producer and television host .
• In spite of the various obstacles and hurdle came in his life he doesn't loose confidence and does is work perfectly.