iskcon hawaii friday, 2014 october 17 hanumatpresaka swami iskcon founder-acharya srila a. c....
out of 28
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- ISKCON Hawaii Friday, 2014 October 17 Hanumatpresaka Swami ISKCON Founder-Acharya Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada ISKCON Founder-Acharya Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
- Slide 2
- 2 Girivaradhari Gopal
- Slide 3
- 3 Chapter 18: Lord r Caitanya Mahprabhu's Visit to r Vrndvana CC Madhya 18.15-17: From Rdh-kunda, r Caitanya Mahprabhu went to Sumanas Lake. When He saw Govardhana Hill from there, He was overwhelmed with joy. When the Lord saw Govardhana Hill, He immediately offered obeisances, falling down on the ground like a rod. He embraced one piece of rock from Govardhana Hill and became mad. Mad with ecstatic love, the Lord came to the village known as Govardhana. There He saw the Deity named Harideva and offered His obeisances unto Him.
- Slide 4
- 4 CC Madhya 18.32-34 In the morning, r Caitanya Mahprabhu took His bath in a lake called Mnasa- gag. He then circumambulated Govardhana Hill. Just by seeing Govardhana Hill, r Caitanya Mahprabhu became ecstatic with love of Krsna. While dancing and dancing, He recited the following verse.
- Slide 5
- Madhya 18.34 hantyam adrir abal hari-dsa-varyo yad rma-krsna-carana-sparaa-pramodah mnam tanoti saha-go-ganayos tayor yat pnya-syavasa-kandara-kanda-mlaih 5
- Slide 6
- 6 SYNONYMS hantahanta oh; ayamayam this; adrihadrih hill; abalhabalh O friends; harihari-dsa-varyah the best among the servants of the Lord;dsavaryah yatyat because; rmarma-krsna-carana of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and Balarma;krsnacarana sparaasparaa by the touch; pramodahpramodah jubilant; mnammnam respects; tanotitanoti offers; sahasaha with; gogo-ganayoh cows, calves and cowherd boys;ganayoh tayohtayoh to Them; yatyat because; pnyapnya drinking water; syavasasyavasa very soft grass; kandarakandara caves; kandakanda-mlaih and by roots.mlaih
- Slide 7
- 7 TRANSLATION Of all the devotees, this Govardhana Hill is the best! O my friends, this hill supplies Krsna and Balarma, as well as Their calves, cows and cowherd friends, with all kinds of necessities - Water for drinking, very soft grass, caves, fruits, flowers and vegetables. In this way the hill offers respect to the Lord. Being touched by the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarma, Govardhana Hill appears very jubilant.
- Slide 8
- 8 PURPORT This is a quotation from rmad- Bhgavatam (10.21.18). It was spoken by the gops when Lord Krsna and Balarma entered the forest in the autumn. The gops spoke among themselves and glorified Krsna and Balarma for Their pastimes.10.21.18
- Slide 9
- 9 KB 24: Worshiping Govardhana Hill CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR While engaged with the brhma as who were too much involved in the performance of Vedic sacrifices, K a and Balarma also saw that the cowherd men were preparing a similar sacrifice in order to pacify Indra. As stated in the Caitanya-caritm ta, a devotee of K a has strong and firm faith in the understanding that if he is simply engaged in K a consciousness and K as transcendental loving service, then he is freed from all other obligations.
- Slide 10
- 10 Caitanya-caritmrta (Madhya 22.62) 'raddh'-abde vivsa kahe sudrdha nicaya krsne bhakti kaile sarva-karma krta haya By rendering transcendental service to Krsna, one automatically performs all subsidiary activities. This confident, firm faith, favorable to the discharge of devotional service, is called raddh.
- Slide 11
- 11 Because He is the omniscient Personality of Godhead, K a knew that the cowherd men were preparing for the Indra sacrifice, but as a matter of etiquette He began to inquire with great honor and submission from elder personalities like Mahrja Nanda. K a asked His father, My dear Father, what is this arrangement going on for a great sacrifice? What is the result of such a sacrifice, and for whom is it meant? How is it performed? Will you kindly let Me know? I am very eager to know this procedure, so please explain to Me the purpose of this sacrifice.
- Slide 12
- 12 Advocates of this philosophy do not accept the supreme authority of the Personality of Godhead. They put forward the argument that if anyone works nicely, the result is sure to come. K a began to talk as if He were an atheist supporting the philosophy of Karma-mm s.
- Slide 13
- 13 Their opinion is that even if there is a God who gives man the result of his fruitive activities, there is no need to worship Him, because unless man works He cannot bestow any good result. They say that instead of worshiping a demigod or God, people should give attention to their own duties, and thus the good result will surely come.
- Slide 14
- 14 K a gave them the following directions. Prepare very nice foods of all descriptions from the grain and ghee collected for the yaja. Prepare rice, dl, then halav, pakor, pur and all kinds of milk preparations, such as sweet rice, rabr, sweetballs, sandea, rasagulland la u, Invite the learned brhma as who can chant the Vedic hymns and offer oblations to the fire. The brhma as should be given all kinds of grain in charity. Then decorate all the cows and feed them well. After performing this, give money in charity to the brhma as. As far as the lower animals are concerned, such as the dogs, and the lower grades of people, they also may be given sumptuous prasdam. After nice grasses have been given to the cows, the sacrifice known as Govardhana-pj may immediately begin. This sacrifice will very much satisfy Me.
- Slide 15
- 15 The inhabitants of V ndvana assembled together, decorated their cows and gave them grass. Keeping the cows in front, they began to circumambulate Govardhana Hill. The gops dressed themselves very luxuriantly and sat in bull- driven carts, chanting the glories of K as pastimes.
- Slide 16
- 16 Devastating Rainfall in V ndvana CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE When Indra understood that the sacrifice which was to be offered by the cowherd men in V ndvana had been stopped by K a, he became angry, And he vented his anger upon the inhabitants of V ndvana, who were headed by Nanda Mahrja, although Indra knew perfectly well that K a was personally protecting them.
- Slide 17
- 17... And he vented his anger upon the inhabitants of VrIndAvana
- Slide 18
- 18 Lord K a immediately picked up Govardhana Hill with one hand, exactly as a child picks up a mushroom from the ground., My dear brothers, My dear Father, My dear inhabitants of V nd vana, you can now safely enter under the umbrella of Govardhana Hill, which I have just lifted.
- Slide 19
- 19 Prayers by Indra The King of Heaven CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN When K a saved the inhabitants of V nd vana from the wrath of Indra by lifting Govardhana Hill, a surabhi cow from Goloka V nd vana, as well as King Indra from the heavenly planets, appeared before Him. Indra, the King of heaven, was conscious of his offense before K a; therefore he stealthily appeared before Him in a secluded place. Ooops!
- Slide 20
- 20 rmad Bhgavatam 10.27.4 indra uvca viuddha-sattvam tava dhma ntam tapo-mayam dhvasta-rajas-tamaskam my-mayo 'yam guna-sampravho na vidyate te grahannubandhah Your transcendental form, a manifestation of pure goodness, is undisturbed by change, shining with knowledge and devoid of passion and ignorance. In You does not exist the mighty flow of the modes of material nature, which is based on illusion and ignorance.
- Slide 21
- 21 How, then, could there exist in You the symptoms of an ignorant person such as greed, lust, anger and envy which are produced by one's previous involvement in material existence and which cause one to become further entangled in material existence? And yet as the Supreme Lord You impose punishment to protect religious principles and curb down the wicked.
- Slide 22
- 22 10.27.6 pit gurus tvam jagatm adho duratyayah kla uptta-dandah hitya cecch-tanubhih samhase mnam vidhunvan jagad-a-mninm You are the father and spiritual master of this entire universe, and also its supreme controller. You are insurmountable time, imposing punishment upon the sinful for their own benefit. Indeed, in Your various incarnations, selected by Your own free will, You act decisively to remove the false pride of those who presume themselves masters of this world.
- Slide 23
- 23 10.27.10 namas tubhyam bhagavate purusya mahtmane vsudevya krsnya stvatm pataye namah Obeisances unto You, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the great Soul, who are all-pervading and who reside in the hearts of all. My obeisances unto You, Kr s n a, the chief of the Yadu dynasty. Unto Him who assumes transcendental bodies according to the desires of His devotees, unto Him whose form is itself pure consciousness, unto Him who is everything, who is the seed of everything and who is the Soul of all creatures, I offer my obeisances. 10.27.11 svacchandoptta-dehya viuddha-jna-mrtaye sarvasmai sarva-bjya sarva-bhttmane namah
- Slide 24
- 24 CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT The Govardhana-pUjA ceremony took place on the new-moon day. After this, there were torrents of rain and hailstorms imposed by King Indra for seven days. Nine days of the waxing moon having passed, on the tenth day King Indra worshiped Lord KRSNa, and thus the matter was satisfactorily settled.
- Slide 25
- Slide 26
View more >